Friday, September 12, 2008

Lay Your Burden Down ~

There's a song artist named John Davis. He had a song out maybe a few years back called; Lay Your Burden Down. Here's a few lines.

Don't you know some hard rain is bound to come? There's gonna be some dark days you'll never outrun. * * * Brother, won't you lay.... your burden down? Don't you wanna find some way you won't have to drag it around no more?

There are hard times we face. Sometimes everyday. Some maybe harder than others. But it's a true statement, You need to lay your burden(s) down. Sometimes we don't see the answers but they do come. And, when they do its wonderful. Gods timing is truly perfect.  We do not need to drag it around. 

My journal entry this morning:

He is faithful and full of mercy. His love for us remains the same. He doesn't disappoint.

My heart feels broken
Only you can repair.
I've been waiting many hours
I'm feeling deep despair.
Searching, longing for answers
You can only bring.
I'm waiting on you Lord
Help my heart to sing.
9-12-08 VB

" I lift up my eyes to the hills— where does my help come from? My help comes from the LORD, the Maker of heaven and earth." (Psalm 121:1-2)

My proverb is: He is faithful and full of mercy. His love for us remains the same. He doesn't disappoint. A true statement from me you can believe.

If you're waiting for answers don't be discouraged. 

In the book of Daniel chapter 9. Daniel poured out his heart in prayer. His answer came in chapter 10.
10 Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and on the palms of my hands. 11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling. 12 Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia.


1 comment:

D said...

thinking of you both, and praying for you and your situations, both known and unknown....think I am a cross between sophie and mikki...sometimes I'm off in a burst of what ever goes, and sometimes i just hop up onto the front passenger seat and stubbornly want to stay there...sigh...then I realize eventually I'll need to get out anyway, so I jump down, and pretend it really wasn't me sitting on that seat, pretending I could get my own way..
SO much better to just 'let it go', give it to the Lord, and get on with whatever it is I need to do...help or no help...Trust in the Lord, and lean not to your own understanding....
Perky Nora days followed but not good days, back to so-so days.....
May post my Perfectly Pear Pie Recipe that I've made 2x's already...hopefully..Last night I baked my Easy Cheesey Apple Pie!! Keep clinging, V...fondly, D.