Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Earth Day

Well its Earth Day! I've already received a number of emails on it. Mostly sharing some tips on things we as concerned people can do.

I don't get wrapped up to much in the "Global Warming" issues as some. I've listened to many arguments going in either direction. I am concerned about things that are happening, food issues, pesticides, genetically altered crops, and over vaccinating: I could go on. This is a good site to check out: http://www.truefoodnow.org/ I try to keep some balance to it all. I also sign many petitions. As a christian, my concerns can differ greatly from the concerns of one who isn't. Though in Genesis 1:26-28 God gave as things to take care of.

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” 27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” NKJ

We haven't been doing a very good job. So for the past month I've been recycling. Its mind boggling to me how much trash you actually don't have when you recycle. I had one kitchen trash bag for 2 weeks use. I think that's awesome. That's just one of the things I'm doing. What do you do?



When you look at this beautiful world that Gods blessed us with for a short time, let's consider our ways. Some, in their efforts to help this planet end in worshipping the creation instead of the Creator. If we have a relationship with Him we worship Him. Trust God in all you do. He will direct your path.

If you'd like to help more though, maybe consider a different form of getting around..Ha

I wouldn't mind it....

The link above has a new shopping list to consider when purchasing groceries.

No comments: