Friday, April 25, 2008

Spring Outside My Window

Spring officially started March 20. But it doesn't always seem like Spring until you see its beauty and smell the freshness of outside after a light shower.


When you wake up to Robins singing and a warm breeze coming through your bedroom window. You then know Spring is really here. These are just a few of the pictures I took yesterday. While walking around our yard.


Robins Nest


Bradford Pear

This is also the first year of living here we're able to enjoy in its splendor. In previous years, the frost and snow even ice storms robbed us of seeing full blooms. And, for this length of time. I so longed to see it, finally here it is. Thank you, Lord.


Weeping Cherry


Chirping Sparrows Nest with 4 eggs.



Such a blessing it is.

On a funnier note. Spring isn't always Spring without all the doings of critters...Like your dog's getting skunked and raccoons hitting your feeders. With possums doing their thing, mostly being yucky strange or playing dead when bugged by one of the dogs; and squirrels... Yes, let's not forget the squirrels. These rodents with furry tails can truly be a handful and troublesome to all Jack Russell's. If you are one of the many who have such a dog - you know exactly what I mean. Our Miki is no exception to that fact. As I was out walking enjoying the beauty of it all, a squirrel was hiding on the deck. As I moved closer towards the deck and not seeing the squirrel; (our deck is fairly high off the ground) I heard the screen door slide open. When out like a rocket came Miki! (I could hear her running). I looked up just in time to duck out of the way from the squirrel sailing overhead. Spread eagle! That squirrel was just as surprised seeing me, still freaking from Miki to begin with.
How dull would life be if we didn't stop to enjoy the many blessings? Blessing that are woven in and out of life's unpleasantries. Blessing we often don't appreciate or even recognize. God's gifts to all of us.
~
Robin Red-Brest,
Sings his morning song.
A nest's been made,
Worms are dug.
Robin Red- Brest
Sings his evening song,
Well pleased with his day.
4-10-08 VLB

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." Lamentations 3:22-24 ESV

No comments: