Sunday, May 4, 2008

The Beginning of a Brand New Week


The past couple days it rained. And many of us take that time doing things indoors. So being stuck in - isn't so bad. Some enjoy curling up with a good book or watching movies. Taking time for a much needed rest. Its also hard on some; and they can't rest at all. I know many who are having a rough time right now. And, they don't see the light at the end of the tunnel they're traveling through. Its there. We all have bad days. We also have good ones. If we're honest; a lot of us even have more good ones then we think.

The other day my husband said, "Things are going to work out. The light is at the end of the tunnel." I informed him that, "Yeah, I see that light. But the train already ran me over and I'm just trying to scrape myself off the tracks!" Of course we did laugh at that. But honestly sometimes that's how I feel. Do you?

In the mornings I like sitting quietly, reading, praying and resting. The resting part does sound funny since I just woke up. But, its waking up..I can't explain; and its possible you may understand. (Not that I can't move fast if I have too) Anyway, I've been reading in Corrie Ten Booms book; Each New Day. Its a daily devotional. So in light of the fact this is the beginning of a brand new week, Sunday, I thought I'd share this with you.

April 27 Redeem Even Emotions.
Do you ask "Is Jesus able" I can say, Yes, and you have the victory through Him." Don't believe what your emotions tell you. Believe what God's Word tells you. Your emotions must be redeemed by Jesus.

Coward and wayward and weak,

I change with the changing sky.

Today so eager and brave,

Tomorrow not willing to try.

But he never gives in, And we two will win.

Jesus and I.

THE VICTORY BELONGS TO THE LORD..Proverbs 21:31 RSV

Sometimes its hard to see our victories. But we know that they are there. (Be thankful for Gods Word).

You might reconize these lyrics from and old song..


My hope is built on nothing less

Than Jesus' blood and rightousness;

I dare not trust the sweetest frame,

But wholly lean on Jesus' Name.

On Christ the solid rock I stand;

All other ground is sinking sand.

Edward Mote

Continue to place your hopes in Him who truly cares for you..The photo at the top of the page was taken in Arizona on state hwy 191. I love the open spaces, its a happy place for me..





No comments: