Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Another One

I must be hungry. Have you ever went around wishing you had something good? Something different? You need to try this. I found this recipe in a magazine when we lived in NM. I think and exercise or health type. Keep and open mind. . .

Tuna Burgers w/Horseradish Mayo Burgers. . . .(you may also use salmon instead of tuna)
3 - 6oz cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
1/4 cup Italian style dry bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. mayo (fat free or not)
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp each of salt & pepper
Nonstick cooking spray (or lightly oiled)
4 whole wheat hamburger buns or Kaiser rolls (split)

Preheat grill and broiler. In a large bowl combine, tuna (salmon), bread crumbs, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine. Shape mixture into 4 equal patties and transfer to a baking sheet coated with non stick spray. Broil burgers 5 minutes per-side, until light brown on both sides. Transfer burgers to a hot grill and grill both sides 2 minutes. Just to get the marks. I feel this step can be optional. Meanwhile, on to the sauce.
Sauce: combine in small mixing bowl and mix well, 1/2 cup mayo (fat free or non), 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley and 1 Tbsp. horseradish

Arrange burgers on buns and top each burger with horseradish mayo.

Each time I've mad this I've been pleased with the results. I used tuna once and I've been using salmon (Alaskan) ever since. I just happen to prefer it. Also the burgers can be on the delicate side so be careful when turning.
I'll try for a picture..

1 comment:

Becky said...

This sounds really good!!! I think I will try it on Sunday probably. My daughter's fiancee is graduating from Geneva tomorrow so I may be going there for a cookout (or a cook-in because it looks like rain!).

Next Sunday is my son's wedding in Sharon, PA, so this week will be busy with baking cookies, getting the rehearsal dinner details done, picking up and trying on our dresses we are having altered, etc. My two daughters are in the wedding and my grandaughter is the flower girl. My oldest son will be coming in from NJ with his wife so I'm excited about all of this.

Any easy recipes for the week will be appreciated!