Saturday, June 28, 2008

Taking Time To Breathe

With all the things going on, I thought it was important to stop and take some time to just breathe. I took a few therapeutic pics. I also took some time to visit my forgotten flower bed. I cleaned it up so nicely a number of posts ago, though you wouldn't know it now -- It's a mess!

It's important to take time to enjoy life. Getting your perspective on things back in balance. Your focus back on God, He truly works wonders in your life and gives you peace.
But, back to the flower bed. I didn't weed at all, yes I was shock at myself. I located some flowers I've enjoyed over the past few years and took a few cuttings.
My favorite cuts are Lavender. If you enjoy Lavender here's a helpful link. http://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/lavendercareandtips.htm

Talk about a relaxing smell. I love it. I fell in love with Lavender, visiting Aaron in Port Angeles, WA . (I have another story about PA, I'll post another time). We went to Lost Mountain Lavender http://www.lostmountainlavender.com/. Aaron also loves it; and uses a pouch full of lavender bud to smell when he gets stressed. Don't laugh, it works, I use it too. I lost a couple plants from a harsh winter but, I've been getting some cuttings off a couple newer plants. Jim built me a small above ground garden bed for herbs and it's worked out well.

When I move, I'll miss my flowers, but I can plant more. I always do, and I'm getting better at it. Ha Though I think I'll really miss my kitchen.

Interesting note about lavender. I read where Lavender was mentioned in the Bible but under a different name. Here's a history link you might like, though Lavender is a better sounding name. http://www.lavenderfarm.com/history.htm

Song of Solomon 1:12
When the king sitteth at the table, he shall smell my Nardus


John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Your heart must not be troubled or fearful. [HCSB]

No comments: