Thursday, July 24, 2008

Blueberry Heaven ~


I was so excited! Contemplating the morning after hearing; "Let's go pick blueberries. I had to put on special socks to celebrate the occasion. Don't laugh, they're quite comfortable and very much ME. . . We went to Voytko's U-PICK Farm just a mile down the road from us. I went last year; the weather wasn't kind to the blueberry season at all. As a matter of fact, it wasn't kind to the bees either, for there was a shortage of honey -- this wasn't good at all concidering how much we love blueberries and honey. Dogs encluded.
This was my second time going to Voytko's "U - PICK" farm. You pay a little but the rewards are wonderful I love it. I don't know why I hadn't been there more often, though I'm sure it was some stupid reason.
This year I decided to take my camera, in hopes to get some great pictures. I'm so glad I did. I took so many it was hard to choose which pictures I wanted to post. I still ended up posting more than needed but I truly wanted to share our wonderful day. Even though the idea of picking was wonderful, the best part of the day was going with my husband Jim.

Words truly can't described how beautiful the day was. So much so I couldn't come up with a good title. I did however, come up with many ideas for one.

The Wonderful Diversion, or



A Sea of Beautiful Blue, or how about --


Bountiful Beautiful Blessings.

"Pickens weren't slim this year!" As you can see the berries were plump and "delicious". You could say I love them. . . We picked a total of 19 pounds with still tons more to ripen as you can see in the top photo, YUM. Sophie wanted some too, the dogs actually love them.




If you live in a area that has U - Pick farms that you can enjoy the day out picking, do yourself a favor and take advantage of it, you'll be so happy you did. And, what do you do with 19 pounds of blueberries . . . ENJOY THEM . . . maybe I'll post some blueberry recipes as long as we don't eat them first. V

1 comment:

Becky said...

I love your blueberry pictures! My Dad grows blueberries up on Dugan Way in his backyard (remember Dugan Way??) and this year sure was a good year for them! In fact I just made a blueberry pie with my grandaughter on Tuesday. On Wednesday we went out to the pool and I found a whole bunch of blueberries in the middle of the pool! I asked her how they possibly could have gotten there and she said that they just bounced in there from the deck! Hmmmmmmm..........amazing how those blueberries bounce by themselves.