Friday, November 7, 2008

Who's In Control

Well the election is over, and, whether you were for now President Elect Obama or not - he will be our new president. I know many of you, as I, out there are now wondering what’s next for this nation. Millions of us voted concerned about all the issues that were weighting on this election, from the life of the unborn to our fine young men and women who are serving this country. I’m sure many of you were hit with a frightening realization that current government policies and laws favorable to our beliefs could end.

As I hope you did, I spent a great deal of time listening to different opinions and views concerning those running. And you couldn’t help hearing all the garbage from the media as well as viewing all the ads on the TV – unless you simply turned it off. Without a doubt this was one of the hardest elections to view; so much at stake.
Also but not to my surprise something I hadn’t thought of until after reading it this morning. Fight Post-Election Depression

WHO IS IN CONTROL? I’m hoping you answered GOD IS!

I believe God gave the people what they asked for. As 1 Samuel chapter 8 and 9 when the people wanted a king they got what they asked for and Saul was appointed. I believe God can use anything situation to fulfill His purposes. I know as some chapters seem to be closing, there are new chapters opening. What will we be doing in those new chapters? TRUST GOD, TRUST GOD! All is not lost. FEAR NOT, FEAR NOT!

You may ask yourself, how could God allow such a man in the Whitehouse, be assured that the Lord is still in control. He will remain so. This is a time when we as BELIEVERS, need to come together in prayer. Pray for those who are in leadership and those now taking office just as He’s commanded. Pray for Gods wisdom and that His will - be done. Pray that God use this and us for His glory and His alone. Pray for a closer walk and relationship with Him. Pray for discernment and understanding to meet each need as He directs. Remember things do have to take place for His return. One day it will come. No one knows when - only the Father in Heaven. Matthew 24:36 But, we need to be ready. Pray that God gives us the boldness to push forward in His will. Remember nothing can separate us from the Love of Christ. Romans 8. Do not give Satan a foothold in your life. Be strong in the Lord.
And Lastly ~
This could very well be the WAKE UP CALL; Christians need to seek Him more. These issues are still very real. I still believe in the value of life for the un-born and there’s in no way you can justify taking that life. I believe parents have the right to know if their young daughters are seeking abortions while they’re still under age and that it should NOT be kept from them. I believe Christians have rights also, that’s what our country was founded upon and I will always believe in those Biblical principals. And, I also believe in standing behind our service men and women, in which there is NO excuse for not adequately supplying all that’s needed for them to protect our country. Even if our sons weren't in the military I would still vote against any further budget cuts. And, even if I have family and friends that don't share my views that's fine. Ultimately it's not about me or you anyway. I still love and I still pray.
I’m so grateful that we have a Sovereign God that is here for us. Won’t you trust Him today and be comforted in knowing He has plans we can be excited about and even though things are out of our hands; HE FOREVER remains the same and ALWAYS is in CONTROL.
If you're interested in a different perspective on the election and one I know you'll find interesting. Go to: http://www.kimclement.com/

1 comment:

Becky said...

Amen again!! Be sure to listen to Focus on the Family (online if you missed it) - Nov. 6 & 7. It's great to know that there is still hope and that the majority of American people still have family values.