Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Busy Day . . .

Years ago there was a song out called Busy Day, by Chuck Gerard. The song is ringing in my head this morning; it was such a catchy tune. My life feels like its been turned upside down with all the business of our time here. I can hardly wait to move though, I been finding myself overwhelmed at times and more often. A dear friend gave me a wonderful complement in her email to me; "You are so incredibly calm in all of this. You are a real inspiration!" She gave way to much credit.  I pray a lot and have my moments of tears. I am trusting the Lord for the bigger picture in all of this.
Lately, mostly - I've had to go around with blinders on as to not see all the things I've had to leave undone. With my husband not being well - I feel I'm only one person. So I've been relying heavily on my inner strength from God. A few days ago I was listening to an old clip of Kenneth E. Hagin and he was talking about standing strong.

Be strong in the Lord. and the strength of His might, Ephesians 6:10

That's the key; I'm not very strong on my own, I don't believe most people are. When it's just us we struggle and we can make the job harder than it needs to be. Even more stressful - we need someone to help us someone to rely own. Be strong she was told - I'm trying relying to much on self- (we/I don't have the strength but that's not what the verse was referring to) Hagin reiterated "in His strength!" That's what I've had to do. During that -
Am
Busy day, busy day, busy, busy, busy day
G
Busy, busy, busy, busy day

I have had to refuel my empty tank by getting into the Word refreshing my mind and spirit; placing ALL my concerns in His care. When I'm not reading - I listen to Him in word or song or singing scripture to myself.  And lastly but not least, pray -

But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Jude 1:20 And likewise -
So what shall I do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit, but I will also sing with my mind. 1Corinthians 14:15

As I look at a few of the flowers growing in a bed of weeds; a once beautiful garden bed. I'm reminded that I'll enjoy my time with the Lord and the flowers I do see - being grateful for the time I do have. The Lord has ALWAYS been faithful to me and has given me many gardens to enjoy.








Take time refresh and refuel in the Lord.  Look at the bigger picture He has for us who love Him ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you sell your house? We are actively searching for some land right now to retire on. I would like to move back to Colorado or possibly Montana. Hope you are having a good day and are getting a chance to rest.
Psalm 37:7 ~Eileen

Becky said...

I love your beautiful photographs of the pictures and am inspired knowing you can take the time to still appreciate God's creation in the midst of all of your stress. God will definitely be taking care of you and I'm excited to see where He lands you in the next season of your life.