Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

I thought I'd re-cap a few highlights from the past year.  The best and biggest was the birth of our first grandchild Logan Michael.


He's already changed so much since he was born.  And is still the sweetest!

Another was following through on things I made.  That might not sound like a highlight to share but for me it's a BIG DEAL!


I had this Shopping Cart Seat Cover pattern for several years (making it for my nephew) and was happy I could find it.  This time I personalized it for our Logan and made a nifty tote to keep it in.  "It's in the mail!"  No joke sent yesterday!
 

Logan Michael
My husband was happy seeing me sewing again it's been a long time.  I made a couple pairs of little shoes and will be finishing up a baby quilt - hopefully before he's a teen.  :D

Reilly Charlotte



The little shoes on the left were made for the soon newest addition to the family. Our niece is due this month with a little girl.  That is of course, a highlight for this year.


December was her shower and I was able to do two things that were highlights.  I got to be creative in the baking department and travel a bit further than Tucson!  Our niece has an intolerance to wheat/gluten so I made gluten free cookies and cupcakes.

I was pleased with how they turned out - you wouldn't have known they were gluten free.
Visually they looked decent for being so out of practice making me happy.  Oh there was some complaining - okay more than some.   I'm smiling now! :D


My gardening was at a STAND STILL - a noda in fact; being happy for the break I'm sad - no fresh goodies.  The break was filled with other things - some for the above - some trying to organize and downsize.  I'll let you know how that goes this year; LOL.  It was still a busy year overall filled with things that aren't necessarily important to anyone but me, but things that I've missed and thankful for having a chance to enjoy again.
More highlights were meeting and making new friends - while having an opportunity to get to know old friends better.  Sadly, we had to say goodbye to dear friends as well - though optimistically looking forward to seeing them one day again. 
Last year with all its "brouhahas" (being kind) left many of us feeling - with many words are coming to mind - I'll just say uncertain of what to expect of our future.  What I can be certain of is that I'm a child of God's and He never changes (Hebrews 13:8)- my future is in His care and He never disappoints.  I hoping you can say the same.
I'm not one for making resolutions - but I've always liked this verse:  Philippians 3:12-14  Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own.  Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,  I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Well I'm adding this one also for this year:  Hebrews 12:1-3  Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,  looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God.  Consider him who endured from sinners such hostility against himself, so that you may not grow weary or fainthearted.

Here's hoping your New Year is blessed as you focus on what God has for you through His son Jesus~

No comments: