Monday, October 6, 2008

Calming Comfort ~

The last few days (weeks even) have been on the rough side. And, for some reason the picture is calming, even though it really doesn't do just to what I was really seeing. But, thought I'd share anyway. It had been raining off and on for the past few days. Or at least when I snapped the picture. We certainly need it, the ground was very dry.

I don't believe busy could truly describe what I've been up to. We had a couple weekends of garage sales, doctors appointments and running earns with most of them miles away. As well as, the biggest job, getting the house ready for the Broker Open House. We kept insane hours. . . So when I thought of posting, it was rainy out and as I looked at the picture it was very calming to me. It also brought comfort.

The shower was nice and relaxing and with the light I felt a calming comfort. Everyone needs a time to rest; a time of calming comfort. If you are tired physically, maybe you pushed yourself to hard. Rest, relax in knowing there is tomorrow to conquer that task. And, if your mentally anguished, please take a much needed rest in the Lord. Trust Him in everything. Nothing is to great that He can't help you with. And, He wants to.

Matthew 11:28 "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest."

Jeremiah 31:25 "For I satisfy the weary ones and refresh everyone who lanquishes."

Psalms 116:7 Return to you rest, O my soul, For the LORD has dealt bountifully with you.

Have you truly rested in the Lord lately?

Come to the quiet;

You'll find peace of mind.

Inter my rest;

While there is still time.

The world has much noise,

That's harmfull to thee.

Inter My rest;

Come, sit with Me.

August 18, 1989 VB

1 comment:

Becky said...

I think all that's missing from that picture is a pot of coffee! One thing that must frustrate God more than anything else is that we fight "rest" and that's when He can really talk with us. I think I need to do that right now. Thanks for the reminder. While I'm talking with Him I'll remember to mention your name........