Saturday, February 23, 2013

Tea Bag Tutorial ~

Valentines Day was coming and I was planning on making Lavender sleep pillows.  It didn't happen - though I read somewhere about recycling sheer curtains that I planned on using for this project and then make a decorative case.  Well time went by and we were all in busy mode here - I didn't get a chance to make them.  I did get to try them for tea bags.  :)

A favorite brand.
Old wash sheer curtain.
I cut into a strip 1-1/2" wide then I folded it over as I went sewing to make a 1-1/2" square. Sewing only 3 sides and close to edge.  Then turn inside out to form a small bag.




Then I filled it with 1 heaping teaspoon of a favorite loose tea.


Pulled closed in opposite direction sewing close to the edge.


Package up.  Keep or give away.


Break time ~ Enjoy!


Also something I finished something close to my heart is a quilt for our grand-baby.

No comments: