Thursday, December 6, 2018

Remembering A Special Day ~

      I was told once - I don't want that kind of a wedding!  There was grand ideas.  We had a day off and went to the Justice of the Peace.  He was old and repeated himself.  There wasn't a lot of money spent just some time and love.

     Neither of us were perfect and as all marriages it took some work as we grew together.  There is non righteous, no not one; For all have sinned, Romans 3:10, 23.

     What is love between a man/husband and a woman/wife?  Old fashion I know, but what is it?  

     Marriage can't be one sided with one just investing.  It can't be with any ideas of changing the one you married to conform to your ideas.  Love is unconditional.  Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast, it is not arrogant or rude.  It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.  Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.  Love never ends.  1Corinthians 13:4-8  Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 1Peter 4:8

     It's a partnership between a husband and a wife that are helpmates to each other that forms a union together as one.  For this reason a man will leave his father and  mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. Mark 10:7-8.

     It's a road of forgiveness - for you make mistakes and there are trials.  A union of like mindedness that you are placing one before the other for one is more important than yourself, but it has to be together.  Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interest of others.  Philippians 2:3,4

     Today would have been our 40th Wedding Anniversary. 

     I miss my best friend and partner.  As the Justice said, till death do you part.  I'm with Jim in spirit and in my heart I celebrate with a touch of sadness.

This is what I was thinking about when I woke up and as I was finishing another verse came to mind,

Unless the Lord builds the house, those who build it labor in vain.  Psalm 127:1  Not all marriages are build on that principle and do well.  I believe it shows a lot of that persons character.  And, for those that don't have a relationship with Him - I believe that those values still came and were design by Him.  For us that was who we were together and I'm continuing on but not on my own, per say - The Lord is first in my life, maybe even stronger.

I could go on and on!  I heard one time that children don't come with instructions and it was answered  - yes it does it's the Bible.  The same could be said for marriage.  But one has to put aside themselves and the self-centeredness that we learn from this life.




   Happy Anniversary Jim! You are very much missed ~ Vik

No comments: