Monday, September 23, 2019

Simply September ~

It isn't any surprise for those that really know me - Autumn is my favorite time of year.  Whatever you'd like to call it, Fall or Autumn - Autumn or Fall you'll hear no complaints from me.  For me it is like time winding down to settle in for a winters sleep.  I've had so many wonderful memories of this time of year and today as I looked over old journaling's of mine this day was no exception and possibly topped them all.  Well at least one of them.

Somewhere between September 18 and September 28, 2002 - it must have been so pleasant for me that I didn't even jot the date down.  So, Simply September seems appropriate.

We had a very nice day, yesterday.  Jim took me to Shaker Heights Square in Cleveland. We had a walk around the square and Hungarian food at Balaton Restaurant - the food was great!
There are so many neat little towns none to far to get to and have a great day out.
~
Jim had always worked very hard from when we were younger till he could no more.  When we were a younger married couple enjoying the day and time we had together was always special to me.  We had wonderful times with our boys but didn't always get times together, days like above were tops for me and I believe for Jim.

I continued to write in my journal - we had been going to church regularly and it's been so nice to have my Jim back.  Thank you Lord!  Since knowing the Lord, I can't imagine how I'd be not having Him in my life.  As unfaithful as I am many times, He remains faithful.  To not have Him there, well I don't know how people survive.  He keeps me going with His grace and I'm able to get through all "the day to day" things that can and do come my way that aren't so pleasant.  The hope there is through Him who gives you a peace in all situations.  With all the curve balls this world will throw at you, you can have peace.  I am truly grateful, but one needs to understand it does take dying to self-every day and putting Him first.  I hope everyone; one and all find that in the Lord while following Him.  Heart to heart we can lift each other up together.

Fall is coming.
Crisp air
Awesome colors
Apples
Fall is here.
VB 9/18/02







As much as my life has changed in the past several years, specifically the last three since Jim passed (2/4/17), the Lord has remained my constant strength.  He's never changed through any of the circumstances around me I had or will have needed to walk out in this life.  Realistically, if I were to do a timeline of my life, I am a miracle.  He is my lifeline and the hope I have for whatever maybe ahead.  (pictures posted are old and possibly seen before - I like them, from around that time).  BTW:

The Bible tells us that King David was no stranger to unpleasant circumstances or the curve balls of this world - though he lived at a different time.  I've always found comfort in his wisdom that came from knowing the Lord.

The Lord gives his people strength. The Lord blesses them with peace.  Psalm 29:11

No comments: