Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas 2020 ~


Whoosh ~ time seemed to have traveled quickly since last Christmas and then, time seemed to stand still with people everywhere with what we were experiencing this past year.  It was a year of hardships and blessings, disappointments and grace, exposures with looks of unbelief and willingness to stand for truth, division with divisiveness and forgiveness with much prayer, not to leave out just how during times of storms people do come together for the right reasons. God has a way of getting our attention and those who are His their light shines all the more in the darkness. 

For me it was a year full of firsts, some brand new and some "haven't" in years and as I close this year I am thankful for another year the Lord has brought me through. It had been years since I wrote a Christmas Letter so this year I did so. A few of the firsts were: Spending valuable time with grandkids, standing extra firm in my faith as a chapter in my life comes to a close, texting daily with my Mom and sibs- very fun, zooming, making decisions that aren't always pleasant and sticking to them [mostly with some wiggle room] with praying and trusting the Lord for His wisdom, getting rid of things that weigh a person down and making some process spending more time with the Lord and myself.

Yesterday, I baked cookies and such, not as much as years past but I did and this was good ~ I also decorated for the first time with a fake 6' tree and literally brought out all my ornaments and to my total excitement my collection of icicles, I loaded the tree up and worked to keep it balanced upright! I only left of about 60 icicles off! haha 


Not my usual frosting job but it works.  .  .  


Recipe for gingerbread cookies here.




This morning I made buckwheat pancakes a favorite of my family and from when I was really young. A great wintertime memory for me. I also pulled out my camera and took a few photo's - this is something I have truly missed, though I still need to replace my lens and take my camera in for a check-up. I tell you having to use my cell that is questionable for its age has nothing on a great camera that needs work.:(  

When working on my Christmas letter I included something I wrote in 2008 that seemed to be written just for this very time.  Here is what I wrote also adding the end of my letter: 

In 2008 I started a new journal that my sweet friend Joan gave me as a gift. I started a poem and wrote by it, my thoughts and work in progress. Actually, I never shared it and had forgotten about it.  A few days ago I kept repeating a phrase in my head – To Friends and Family Far and Near – I thought where have I heard that? It was bugging me! Then as I was looking for something I opened my journal and voila (wah-lah) ~  I read what I wrote and realized it was for this very day and for you who are reading.

To Friends and Family

Far and near.

To all of you

I hold so dear.

Memories of those

Who have come and gone,

And all the blessings

From the Son.

With good times and bad times;

With all the in between times.

For should haves and

Could haves too!

From being young and growing old,

There’s no going back

From what the future holds.

Always looking up.

8-7-2008 VLB

I will finish off with don’t give up hope for a better tomorrow. I don’t always enjoy what I am going through but my strengthen comes from God.  I can attest that my faith has only grown through my time of trails. You might not even understand yourself unless you are trusting in a walk with God for the same.

When I laid dying in hospital after my son was born in 1983 Psalm 23 went over and over in my head. I had it hidden in my heart. I want to share a few verses. . . The Lord is my shepherd, I LACK NOTHINHG. . He refreshes my soul. . Even though I walk through the darkest valley, or the valley of death[translations differ] I shall fear NO evil, for you are with me.  .  Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. NIV

I have recently said goodbye to people I love and I know I will see them again one day soon. And, I hope to see all of you reading this as well. God’s hand of grace extends when our abilities end, meaning you aren’t alone or you don’t have to be trying to figure out living on your own – He doesn’t disappoint – He is eternal and can work in time. He is LOVE- I can say I have never regretted my choice.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

I pray that God blesses and keeps you and your families throughout 2021- until His return.

Much Love,


As I was finishing up this post I found out that I will be definitely be taking my camera in and I guess breaking down my stronghold on replacing my phone ARGH! I lost all photos on my flash card and had to resort on my phone those I could not retrieve from this morning. As my grand daughter of 4 would say, "That's okay!" So as unhappy as I am that they aren't what I took I'll share anyway it will be something for to remember if I loose them from my now files, lol


I pray for God's best throughout the New Year for everyone. VB

No comments: