Thursday, April 1, 2021

Arriving at Your Destination ~

When I was sleeping last night, or possibly just before I woke this morning, the title I chose was going over and over in my head. As I was laying there in bed I was thinking about our end destination and what Jesus did for me; all of us. Maybe I was thinking of this as my Uncle recently pasted or in combination being this is Holy Week, where Christians look back following steps Jesus took - remembering all that lead up and to the cross. This sacrificial act cost Him everything to redeem us from death. Eternal death. For followers of Christ we believe this to be true as read in the Bible, as confirmed by His Holy Spirit that is given through baptism in and there of. Both are God's free gift.

My Uncle was a good man, someone I loved very much.  And, as with any family there were disgruntled issues, hurt feelings, laughter, memories of the "good ole days", concerns - you know stuff. Some things had changed over the years for that happens when your family is scattered across the country. You have different lives though remain as close as you can for distance. (Not sure of my line of thinking just yet) :)  

Another thought came to mind around that time as well as when I got up and had my first cup of coffee. The measure of a man. I remembered that my husband often spoke about this but it was more in the lines of our walk, he also wrote a blog piece on it, The Measure of Our Walk, here

When I think of the measure of a man or women "their walk / ours", for the believer we look at how it is pleasing to God. I'm not saying we are perfect or do not make mistakes even some that are regrettable.  I am saying our primary outlook is not based on what or how the world sees as in pleasing man - but what God sees in us and in our relationship with Him. How the world may view the measure of a person is based on what they deem as good and honorable, your works and service to others from their perspective, which is contrary to God's. He even tells us our "thought's and ways are not His". Isaiah 55:8 

Works in and of itself is not a bad thing, it should be qualities every follower should have. Values everyone can have. The difference is a Christian [follower of Christ] has a relationship with a heavenly Father and in turn does good works - but - who we are is based on that relationship and comes from accepting God's free gift of eternal life through His Son and what He did for us on that cross not by our works. 

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. Ephesians 2:8-9 ESV 

The world can have and do good works but this is not saving grace and will not attain an enteral home in our end destination. The believer knows that our eternal home is based on that gift of God's grace not our works though . . . we are His workmanship created for good works our salvations is not based on the works.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them".  Ephesians 2:10 EVS

Only those who except His gift will be born again to be with Him in the end and have eternal life as His Word says ~ This is not something I thought of or the condition I came up with - in which to answer the problem of sin and redeem all who do accept His grace from something that was created for Lucifer [Satan] and fallen angels, created beings - not human beings created in God's image. Life is precious to Him and so are you! 

Over the years there have been debates from those from Calvinistic views and that of Armenian as well as everyone else's belief's - opinions and those that reject the belief of a creator entirely. I myself have always believed - 
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish [forever separated from God] but have eternal [everlasting] life. John 3:16 ESV

The one thing I know for sure is that when arriving at our "final" destination we all will then know either way, once and for all, for our soul will recognize whether we chose wisely. 

I had this discussion with many family members and a few are of a different belief from me, as was my Uncle. I do appreciate the fact for the most part my Uncle and I could carry on a conversation even when we disagreed. The fact remains that most who might disagree can not even tell you why, in which how would you know if I was wrong?

For, I know how the Lord,

Has changed my desperate life.

From shame and unforgiveness.

I needed saving.

By His grace He set me free.

From all that was wrong within me.

I could not do what He had done.

He had mercy on me when I was young.

I saw Him from the windowpane –

A vision no one could explain!

His arms stretched out and calling me.

I turned Him down a time or two.

Even more - until I knew.

I was being lied to from darkness,  

Satan tried hard to keep me in sin.

Then, in another vision

With His arms open wide.

I was rescued from what had kept me; lost.

I am so grateful for His saving grace. 

VLB 4/1/2021   

My belief is that as long as you have breath to breathe, you have time to accept an amazing gift of life that God has for anyone and everyone who will believe. 

My Uncle is one of many many people who who had good works. He donated to many causes, helped the homeless, food and clothing drives, helped fund supplies for an orphanage, was known for his generosity every where he lived. Of most recent l had heard more stories attesting to that.  I wished more people had good works and cared about others. But more than that my hearts desire is for them to know a Savior the sacrificial lamb, the Son of God that came to save the world from sin and darkness. 

It is no surprise that we are living in a time witnessing a ramped up type of evil for it has been here since the Garden of Eden when Adam and Eve took a first step of their free will in disobedience. As more prophesy continues to unfold and are closer to a time when all things will come to an end; we just might hear will be "Arriving at Your Destination"? Where would you have it be? 

My hope is that my prayer for my Uncle was answered and that I will see him again along with others I love. Never lose sight of the love God has for you hold on to Him for your family.




Taken about six years ago. I have many wonderful pictures but he'd have a fit knowing I posted this! haha  Have a blessed Easter ~ Resurrection Sunday! Shalom Vicky 


No comments: