Friday, July 29, 2022

Group Handouts ~

I stay pretty busy especially during this time of the year. So, forgive me if I don't remember if I previously shared that I started a widow's group at my church over a year ago. I have been doing handouts for us to study and to use as a devotional at home.  My hope has always been to encourage everyone on our journey, and we can get into some really good discussions.  Today I thought I would share this week's handout for we all are experiencing the same though, you might not be a widow or widower.  

Strictly food for thought and prayer if you are a praying sort ~ I hope this will be encouraging and helpful to someone.

   Friends & Sisters                                                                                                         July 27, 2022

Good day everyone and blessing to you all who are reading this little but sometimes lengthy handout. It’s true, written for our group, now called Friends and Sisters, but in reality, it is for anyone that is on a journey called life desiring a closer walk with the Lord. Our walk matters. If anyone is interested in any of the previous handouts, please let me know. The handouts for the previous year we studied in group and now used more as an in-home devotional. :)  

This past month I’ve had conversations with those I know and don’t, all with similar concerns. It seems more evident today people are becoming weary of or overwhelmed with the “cares of this world.” People everywhere are feeling the pressures placed on them by, and calling it what it is, evil – along with the woes of holding on to things that they should let go of. We witness this firsthand even in smaller communities in which we live. A news outlet reported rural communities are suffering the most with the excessive cost of inflation. And we aren’t strangers when it comes to other problems as faced by the rest of our country. I suggested to a friend that she go back and look at a handout we studied on the 30th of June 2021, for the fear and concerns she was sharing. It is one of the lengthy studies we did. There is no peace in this pressure that wants to overcome us. Fear is an enemy, not the peace that comes from the Lord. Frankly fear is opposite and opposes faith.

A couple of weeks ago I found a birthday card that Jim gave me. Written on the envelope was, “Please read Phil 4:4-7” 

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again:  Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (NIV)

Written inside:  Vicky I wish I could make this a truly special day, but my prayer is that you’re able to give it all up to the Lord so that His peace may fill you today and everyday – All my love Jim, 2014

My journey has not been one of regular celebrations when it comes to birthdays. We would do something here and there .  .  .  2014 was a year no different with trips to the VA dealing with health issues that Jim was going through. What he wrote both on the envelope and card was possibly the best present I could have received. For he became a real prayer warrior through his life living with pain.

Last week, it was encouraging to me while listening to a reliable ministry on prophesied and current events, things to come – as in our lifetime, only to have a gripping moment of doubt when heading to bed. I quickly prayed and came against it. I/we lost so much when Jim could no longer work, and God provided in ways that – I can’t even begin to share how blessed we were with “nothing” but “everything.” God is our provision always. I asked Him the following morning about what was coming, and the doubt felt – I clearly heard, I still send manna. Our U. S. economic crisis – the inflation hitting everyone hard is not over yet; is just one pressure that can grip a person. Satan would have you fear and think God doesn’t hear, care, or see what we go through. DO NOT BELIEVE THE LIES THAT YOU ARE HEARING. TURN OFF THE NOICE AND TURN TO A GOOD FATHER THAT LOVES YOU. We have a list (as our pastor has said) to talk to Him about. Let’s take time to hear what He would like to share with us. We need His wisdom with that peace that comes from trusting Him.

Everything that you are focusing on is affecting you. Crime is another concern people are stressing maybe experiencing – 'woke' – and everything else this real enemy wants you to fear, LET GO of it!

GOD DOES NOT GIVE US A SPIRIT OF FEAR BUT OF POWER AND LOVE AND SELF-CONTROL. 2 Timothy 1:7

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.  .  .  . 1 John 4:18 ESV (in part)

Tuesday, I shared with a friend, I almost was runover by a car while walking. I am careful when crossing and was in a crosswalk. The person driving literally had to swerve to keep from hitting me. I lost a little control yelling idiot! I did ask the Lord to forgive me. The thing is I wasn’t in fear; I was upset that I could have been or someone else. People are in a state of “I don’t care!” Stress is at its highest-level affecting everyone and division is dividing us. We are better than that and have to show in our lives the light and love of the Lord to others that are under these evil pressures, sadly in families and church. .  God will and states in Genesis 50 the story of Joseph – what was meant for evil against him – God turned it for good. So true in our lives this very day. Even Joseph’s responses could have been different possibly effecting his outcome.

The very fabric of what we know and love about our country and the freedoms we have enjoyed for all our lives hangs in the balance. I understand you can be angry, even fearful; for what will become of America. What will our children and grandchildren have if things continue? What we do know is we have an outcome, HOPE. Hope that has us pray “Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done.”  We also know that we have things left to do. We still have a voice. And, when you think of an all-knowing God that knew you before you were born for this very time; God must have something for you even if it’s something small to do. 'Just a thought here.' None of us like what they’re seeing – our confidence is to be in the Lord – and who better?

In the fear of the LORD one has strong confidence, and his children will have a refuge. Proverbs 14:26

I could go on and on – on this subject. For those who know me they know I can be long winded. My prayer is that you LEARN TO LET GO, JUST DO IT! Everything we do or not do is a choice. Let’s be a body of believer that whole heartedly has strong confidence in the LORD ~ Amen

Love you all and peace to you that comes from the one who loves you most – Jesus.




No comments: