Thursday, July 7, 2022

What's Inside ~


Bottles can look similar but what's inside is different. I shared with a friend yesterday about the bottles in the photo, and how she would appreciate a 'funny' I was about to share based on the previous conversation we had, . . But first I'll get you up to speed with a bit of that previous conversation . . . .

Last week a couple of us got together and we were just chatting. The subject that happened to come up was - aromatherapy. All of us love their uses and not just topical. A few oils were discussed with one being Oil of Oregano. They shared its topical uses, and I chimed in with I drop it under my tongue.  . . . They don't.  As from the looks and comments! I laughed and stated you can drop it in water and drink it. It's very good for you - based on an interview I listened to on a long drive, and the book I read years ago, The Cure Is in The Cupboard by Dr. Case Ingram. I was so impressed with his interview and reading his book it had me running out to purchasing Oil of Oregano! 

Now up to speed ~


Bottles can look similar but what's inside is different. Especially early in the morning - semi dusk - not paying real attention! 

Most every morning after at least one cup of Joe I make another cup adding a bit of cream and multi collagen protein for joints etc., I recently started adding every other morning a squirt or two of Eye Bright. lol the name alone! Well, while fixing my cup I'm looking at the dropper as the liquid was clear, and the one I use has a darker liquid. I knew it wasn't quite right, but I kept going. The real realization came after the gulp.  At first not so bad then it hit me - the mistake! I use a full dropper of Eye Bright, when using Oil of Oregano only a drop - adding here never mixing it with coffee - yuck!  I don't typically waste, and I just didn't want to toss it. I even thought of how else I could use it with the coffee and cream! 

Second swig and down the drain it went!! ARGH . . Instantly I remembered the previous conversation and busted out laughing!! Thinking what the heck how this just happened! Yup - I changed where I kept it putting the Eye Bright in the cupboard above the coffee pot leaving the Oil of Oregano where it always was. Boy! Now that it's all squared, and I don't think I'll make that mistake again, hopefully.

Now another day here I made a delicious cup of Joe using the correct dropper. So, as I sat thinking how this is a good reminder of something else. Something to think about.

We don't always see the tricks of an enemy. It may look the same on the outside, not even an enemy, but it's very different. In 2 Corinthians, Paul shares about false apostles. His concern was with the followers in Corinth, He feared their thoughts would lead them astray from a sincere devotion to Christ. And by someone proclaiming another Jesus .  .  .  [I suggest reading all of 2 Corinthians 11.]

For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. There end will correspond to their deeds. 2 Corinthians 11:13-15 ESV

Satan could look like the right bottle, the same bottle, similar and be totally different. Eye Bright and Oil of Oregano were different and both harmless. It would be very different in the spiritual sense with a real enemy disguised as an angel of light. 

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. Ephesians 6:10,11

My prayer is that you continue to grow in the Lord. I love to learn, and my desire is for continual growth. I will leave you with this Paul is warning against apostasy and shares food for consideration and prayer. This is something I look at daily with my own walk. In the evil times we live Jesus himself warned that even the elect can be deceived. 

About this we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing. For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again, the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food, for everyone who lives on milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, since he is a child. But solid food is for the mature, for those who have their powers of discernment trained by constant practice to distinguish good from evil.  Hebrews 5:11-14 ESV 

Remember God isn't looking at perfection but progress ~ Let's press on towards the goal and finish well. Blessing to all ~ VB

No comments: