Saturday, February 4, 2023

My Jim ~

It's been six years ago this very day the Lord took Jim away. I don't know if one really stops missing the one you loved and been with for many years. Through good times and not so good times. Happy and sad times. Someone that is so close to you and knows everything about you because you let them in. This was Jim. Except for the Lord no one knew me better.



We shared many adventures.


We had three sons together.


With wonderful memories.


He loved his boys.


He loved Fords.


He smiled in pain, and no one knew it.



 

He was determined to make it to the big island to see his first grandchild. He spent valuable time enjoying every moment. He also was at tears for the pain he was in. He told me that when he was taken to the ER the doctor took one look and said he understood why after looking at his x-rays.


He would always smile no matter he knew the secret - he also struggled it was a physical, mental, and spiritual battle he was in. Meeting Ravi was also a highlight. Both are with the Lord both had lived with pain.


A Christmas at that the hospital - Jim liked to make me laugh. He was a true patriot. lol


He told me he would see his granddaughter! And he did.

                             


He was rarely seen like this and not long before he left at the age of 56. A little girl asked me one time if my daddy let me eat something as we were in a restaurant. I laughed and felt so bad because his illness aged him so.

                                       

Jim was a good sport and the love of my life.


Grief hurts bad because you love so much. However, out of this - if I were to say I've learned something on this journey is that God has been with me every step. And I am grateful to have been so blessed with Jim in my life. 


Always ~

Philippians 4:13
is the secret.

No comments: