Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Into The New Year ~


From Christmastime is Here, too "Into the New Year," I'm praying it will be a blessed New Year for everyone wherever you may be. For the previous year - well - there are many words that come to mind but why go there... I hope you had a wonderful Christmas I have to say mine was pleasant; a good one. Though, Christmas did seem to hit us all of a sudden, this year - like boom! I was sharing with a friend this morning that I read a comment on how quicky Christmas came with the writer stating, "Time is always the same." Hour's, days and years I had to laugh thinking about it for a moment - duh! Even though time was the same in which it moved it still felt like I went from summer in July right into Christmas - December 25!

Has time really accelerated? Or have we just become so preoccupied with "life" that we don't see time as we should and use our time wisely? 

TIME

Take time, make time, 

Not enough time, sometime

Time is ticking away.

I don't have the luxury of time.

Wished I had more time.

It's a matter of time,

Only so much time, 

Do we have enough time?

Save some time ~ 

Time flies!

Where does the time go?

In your spear time.

There's so little time.

What time?

Sorry, if I only had the time. . .

If I can find the time ~

Is there time?

How much time do I need?

If I can fit the time in.

Can you take the time?

Breaktime!

If only.  .  .  . 

VLB 1.1.24

Okay a funny I read on some poster - I'm sorry I don't have any time for you today. Tomorrow doesn't look good either. How's that work for you? 

How about - take time to make time - Say WHAT?

As this bran new year approached, I had a talk with the Lord - I asked Him to help me number my days as I want my time to be well spent.

Reading this morning not crazy different from other times I read in my blog. I started this morning with the very first post - reading around 4-5 others right after. I truly want to make the most of my days spending my time well. Not just with the Lord and what He would like but those things I need closure on. Working on boundaries; what I'm able to take on and those things to say no to. So much of my recent years were spent caring for my husband and living in and out of boxes - etc. Only to take on more 'other' things and still without resolve in many previous. You could say time is ticking away. I do keep in mind God's time is prefect. 

This past Sunday sharing with a friend at church I mentioned I didn't make New Year resolutions. I don't believe I ever have. What I do though is hold on to the Lord and stand with this scripture of pressing toward the goal. 

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 3:12-14 NIV

I think for the believer, a follower of Jesus - as He is the WAY, there is nothing more crucial in our walk with Him as to know Him more, abiding with Him closer each new day He gives us. 

So, at keeping (trying) this post shorter and there is so much more I could say. Take the time this month - a bran new one and seek Him with your entire being. Really get to know the One who knows you best and loves you most.

GOD'S TIME

Is impeccable,

He allows for time.

Time was created by Him,

And, for His purposes.

He is eternal and works in time ~

Now is the time, He said.

He also has an appointed time.

He said another will try to set times.

It will be for a time, times and half a time ~

refined and made spotless until the end of time.

Times of disaster and times of distress.

Patient in time - restraining His anger.

Gives time for everything ~ 

Always right on time!

IN HIS TIME

VLB 1.2.24

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 2 Peter 3:8 NIV     Beloved, do not let this one thing escape your notice: BSB

But wait there's more ~

The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise as some understand slowness, but is patient with YOU/ US/ ALL, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance. But the Day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar, the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and its works will be laid bare. Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you/ we /us/ all to be? [conduct yourselves in holiness and godliness] as (we) anticipate and hasten the coming of the day of God, .  .  . But in keeping with God's promise, we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells .  .  . 2 Peter 3:9-13 BSB

Yes, and speaking for myself - Father help me / us number our days and use our time wisely, trusting you alone with our time. As stated in 1 Peter 4 For you have spent enough time in the past carrying out the same desires as the Gentiles. . .

What is your hope and desire in this bran New Year? Start somewhere. Make a conscious effort to move forward, pressing in towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 3:12-14 NIV

And, if we need the help, He will surely give it ~ If you are waiting for time to do something will you have time? I'm so thankful we have a loving Father who is patient - but don't wait too long with your choices. 

God bless everyone in this bran new year You've given us. Amen ~



And He still does ~

No comments: