Monday, February 5, 2024

What We Do ~

I Do ~ I have been blessed with being a part of my church’s prayer chain. I did not sign up for it so I cannot confirm how I became a part of this ministry. I will say that many times I feel, rather, know I fail at this or feel inadequate at best. I have been blessed, ‘above phrase,’ I do believe this to be true even though I believe I fail. Others might say this is not so. We can be our hardest critic ~ On this prayer chain we receive texts with each request. I do not know if others do this I have in the past, but I decided to write them down in one of my small notebooks, then I can actively lift the request up and not be looking at my phone all the time. This leads me to the reason for what I am sharing. I have several notebooks quite the collection, spiral and not, journal book type, etc... The list could go on and on as I use them for other things such as journaling. Anyway, I started writing the prayers out and then misplaced the notebook – no, I actually believed I misplaced it thinking it to be in a different notebook than the one I used. I kept asking myself, “where did you put it!” since I looked in the one, I thought I was using. I knew I started writing them out. In my mind I kept seeing or thinking about another but dismissed it. Of course, the prayers are still on my phone but where was the notebook? Next day. . . This morning early, I woke up thinking about it and saw in my mind the ‘notebook.’ Now noon, I remembered the notebook walked right to the container it was in. And – it was where I first thought when I dismissed it!! God always gives me little messages to share. This would be – How often does the Holy Spirit show us something which we dismiss thinking it is not so or from Him even assuming we have a better way or idea? If I had gone with my first thought, it would have saved time that could have gone to better use. However, “maybe this is a good use” of time I was allowed and blessed with a reminder: Trust the Lord with what He is showing you. And the more time well spent with Him You will trust Him better/more. VB 12/29/2023 I cannot say you will always listen or not do something foolish. I do know He is ALAWYS faithful. “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:7-8 




No comments: